Hey, this guys this is a tutorial on Java Programming Language. At the end of this tutorial, I am going to make a Java Desktop Game using "Swing" and "Awt" gui libraries. But before we move forward, basic understanding of the Programming language is very important. The information that I am going to provide in this website is a usual curriculum in most schools.
- Java - The first important difference between Java and C/C++ is that Java is a 100% object-oriented programming (OOP) language. The Java language was developed upon the foundation of the C and C++ programming languages. This means no Java code statements, with the exception of import and package statements for specifying library classes, may occur outside of classes or objects. Secondly, Java is the first platform-independent programming language in the world. It is defined as “write once, run anywhere”.
- How Java works Everywhere - A feature of Java is its interpreter or JVM (Java Virtual Machine). JVM has become an industry standard and is part of all popular internet browsers. More and more third-party companies, such as BEA, Apache, Eclipse, IBM, and Java Community Process (JCP), have released an extensive number of supporting and development software packages. These have helped Java become one of the most popular programming languages available today.
- Java SE, EE and ME -
- Java SE -Java SE is the Java standard edition—the core of the Java language. It is the foundation from which to learn Java programming before you move on to other Java development kits such as Java EE and Java ME.
- Java EE - Java EE is Java's enterprise edition designed for the development of commercial network applications. It not only includes Java SE, but also provides features for network services, component models, data management, and a communications API. These features have allowed Java EE to provide a new generation of software development tools, such as Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), for businesses.
- Java ME - Java ME is the micro-edition of Java used in application software development for mobile devices. It was first released in November 2005.
Common challenges while learning the Language
Learning how to program in Java is different from learning other popular computer programming languages in which you may first start with easy concepts and coding skills. In Java coding, even the development of the seemingly simple code to display the message “Hello, world!” involves many OOP concepts and techniques such as the use of classes, objects, methods, static, output streams, the Java API, JVM, et cetera. Common problems for “Beginers” in learning Java are:
• Important OOP concepts and coding techniques seemingly overwhelm you beginning on first day.
• A tremendous amount of time may be spent becoming familiar with API classes and in determining the proper API class(es) to solve your problem.
• Knowing the best possible solution is difficult and time consuming.